Friday 31 October 2014

The Disappointments Of Life




“This things are from me”
(1 Kings 12:24)

              The disappointments of life are in reality only the loving decrease of our God and father. “I have a message for you today, my child. Let me whisper it in your ear so that the storm clouds that arise may be gilt with glory, and the rough places where you may have to walk be made smooth.”
It is a short a message but let it sink into your inmost soul and use it as a pillow to rest your weary head: ‘This thing is from me.’
Have you ever thought that all concerns you also concern me? ‘He that toucheth thee toucheth the apple of mine eye’ (Zechariah 2:8.) You are very ‘precious my sight’ (Isaiah 43:4), therefore it is my special delight to teach you.
              “When temptations assail you and the enemy comes in like flood,’ I want you to know that this thing is from Me. Your weakness needs my might, and your safety is in letting Me fight for you.
Are you in difficult circumstances, surrounded by people who do not understand you, who disregard your tastes, who push you in the background? This thing is from Me. I am God of circumstances. You were not placed where you are by chance; it is the place I have chosen for you. Did you not ask to be made humble? See, I placed you in the very place where you can learn this lesson, your surroundings and companions are only working out my purposes for you.
              “Do you have financial difficulties? Is it hard to make both ends meet?
This also is from Me. I own the cattle on a thousand hills, and would have you draw from and depend on Me. My supplies are unlimited (see Philippians 4:19). Prove my promises, so it will not be true of you that ‘in this thing ye did not believe the Lord your God’ (Deuteronomy 1:32).
               Are you passing through a night of sorrow? This is from Me. ‘I am the man of sorrows and acquainted with grief’ (Isaiah 53:3). I have allowed earthly comforts and human support to fail you, so that in turning to Me you may obtain everlasting consolation (see 2 Thessolonia 2: 16, 17).
             Has some friend disappointed you? One to whom you opened your heart? This thing is from Me. I want you to learn that the best friend is Jesus. I long for you to confide in Me.
             Has someone said things about you that are untrue? Leave them to Me. You draw closer to Me, under my wings, your shelter from ‘strife of tongues.’ I will bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgement as the noonday’ (Psalm 37:6).
                Have your plans been all upset? Are you crushed and weary? This is from Me. You made your plans, and then asked Me to bless them. I want you to let me plan for you, and then I will take the responsibility, for it is too heavy for you; you cannot do it alone. You are only an instrument, not an agent.
                 Have you longed to do some great work for me? But instead you are laid aside on a bed of pain and weakness? This thing is from Me. I could not get your attention while you were too busy; I want to teach you some deep lessons. ‘They also serve who only stand and wait.’ Some of my greatest workers are those shut out from active practice, but who learn to wield the weapon of prayer.
            Are you suddenly called upon to fill a difficult and responsible position? Go forward, counting on Me. I am entrusting you with this position because ‘thy Lord thy God shall bless thee in all thy works, and in all that thou puttest thine hand unto’(Deuteronomy 15:10).
            This day I place in your hands this pot of olive oil. Use it fully my child. Let every interruption that will make you impatient, every revelation of your weakness is anointed with it. Remember that interruption is divine instructions. The sting will go as you learn to see Me in all things.
            Therefore, ‘Set your hearts unto all the words which I testify among you this day... because it is your life...’(Deuteronomy 32:46-47).
TRUST IN GOD
We are in relationship with God; in all things He is our refuge; and events do not disturb Him.
He knows everything. He knows it before-hand; events shake neither His throne nor His heart; they always accomplish His purposes. But to us He is love; we are through grace the objects of His tender care.
            He listens to us and bows down His ear to hear us. In all things, therefore, instead of disquieting ourselves and weighing everything in our hearts, we ought to present our requests to God in prayer, with supplication and with a heart that makes itself known, (for we are human beings), but with the knowledge of the heart of God, for He loves us perfectly; so that, even while making our petition to Him, we can already give thanks because we are sure of the answer of his grace, be it what it may; and it is our request that we are to present to Him.
            Nor is it a cold commandment to find out His will and then come; we are to go with our requests.
            Hence it does not say, you will have what you ask; but God’s peace will keep your hearts. This is trust; and His peace, the peace of God Himself, shall keep our hearts. It does not say our hearts shall keep the peace of God; but, having cast our burden on Him whose peace nothing can disturb, His peace keeps our hearts.
            Our trouble is before Him, and the constant peace of the God of love, who takes charge of everything and knows all beforehand, quiets our dis-burdened hearts, and imparts to us the peace which is in Himself, and which is above all understanding (or at least keeps our hearts by it), even as He Himself is above all the circumstances than can disquiet us, and above the poor human heart that is troubled by them.
            Oh! What grace! That even our anxieties are a means of our being filled with this marvelous peace, if we know how to bring them to God, and how true He is.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            _J.N.D

.....Culled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear,
Our little comments and contributions could be someone else saving grace, for the love of Christ let's utilize it!!!