Tuesday 22 November 2016

Proudly Nigerian!




A friend of mine shared a blog post on FaceBook by Naofal titled “I grew up in Africa. Don’t be sorry for me.” You can
read it here.
Please take your time to read, you will be glad you did. I love that write-up and agree with it 100%.

I’m Africa, Nigerian to be precise. You did not choose to be from a particular country just like I did not choose to be a Nigerian. Think of it, what if God gave us the privilege to choose a country? Hahaha! What country would have been your choice? Aaa... I know some countries will not have a single citizen. Lol... God made that choice for us and there is a purpose for that.
Do you remember the story of the Israelites when they wanted to be like other countries with kings and so asked God to give them one?








My dear love your country, be proud of her and pray for her to be the greatest.
Every country has its’ up and down, so also Nigeria. Yes, there are so many lapses here and there that is why we have to come together to make her great again.
If you currently live in Nigeria you will agree with me that the word “recession” is the new hello on every lip. Right now what we need is time, give the time, time. “And this (recession) too shall pass away.”
 If you are in a position to effect a change then please do, if you are not then pray for those in power, God’s willingly we will smile soon.
I love my country and I’m proud to be a Nigerian.
I wrote this poem 2014.
Enjoy...




My Naija! My Pride!
Who is she?
Tall she stands,
In the midst of her peers;
Graceful like a peacock
Yet her beauty unseen!

Who is she?
Sad her looks,
Haunted by the sins of her children
With memories of the past
Yet her love untamed!

Who is she?
Toiling under the sun;
Searching in the midst of plenty
With sadness in her eyes,
Yet her smiles unhidden!

Who is she?
Crush she is,
But rises after each fall,
With a broken heart
Yet her faith unbroken!

Who is she?
That shelters me
When I’m weary and homeless
With no naira in my pocket,
Yet my comfort undisputed!

Greater she will be
When her sorrow is gone
When her children stand
With love in her diversity

She is my Naija! She is my Pride!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear,
Our little comments and contributions could be someone else saving grace, for the love of Christ let's utilize it!!!